About the Library
The Oman Library at the Middle East Institute is a unique resource for scholarly information about the Middle East that houses around 20,000 volumes.
The library is seeking highly motivated and creative interns to assist with catalog digitization, website content creation, and other projects. Interns will be exposed to various aspects of managing a specialized library and will be given the opportunity to pursue their own ideas on improving the library's services. Upon the completion of the program, interns will have a better understanding of information management and will be better prepared for a future in research institutions.
Researching, writing, and editing a variety of library materials such as website content, memos, and emails
Organizing the library’s collection using the Library of Congress Classification system
Marketing and promotion, such as managing social media and other measures to increase patronage
Development, customer service, and other projects as needed
Number of positions: 3
- Excellent writing/editing and organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivation and the ability to work independently
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Previous experience working in or interning for a library or working knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification system preferred
- Enrolled in a Master of Library Science program or an undergraduate library science program a plus