The Education Program Officer is responsible for the daily operations of language classes, regional studies seminars and other education-related programs under the Middle East Institute's Center for Education.
This is an excellent chance to join a friendly, vibrant, and dynamic team environment with a mission to bridge cultures through culture and education. The Program Officer will report to the Director of the Center for Education. This position will be part-time / full-time.
DUTIES OF EDUCATION PROGRAM OFFICER
- Create a positive learning environment for students and teachers.
- Ensure successful customer service relations between students, potential clients, teachers and Education staff.
- Coordinate classes, course schedule and registration.
- Assist with creation of language classes, regional studies seminars, and administration of programs.
- Patience with daily customer service interactions with students and teachers.
- Serve as liaison between teachers, students and Director of Education.
- Oversee private instruction process and coordination.
- Assist with student transfers, withdrawals, refunds, certificates and grade reports.
- Assist with marketing and advertising for the Center's programs.
- Ability to work with Excel, Canva, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus in Middle East studies, languages, international relations, or education with 1+ years of work, or a competitive internship in a related field.
- Experience in learning a foreign language, customer service and administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of Middle Eastern languages and cultures.
- Fantastic organizational and teamwork skills.
- An understanding of the communicative approach to teaching a foreign language.
- An interest in bridging cultures through languages.
- An interest in the Middle East and international relations.
Salary competitive. Excellent benefits. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please indicate the position “Education Program Officer” in the subject line of your email.