March 23 - May 12
The Middle East Institute offers a unique course of study for Washington-area adults who seek challenging, skills-oriented, and affordable language training. Evening classes in Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish are taught in a semi-intensive format five terms per year. MEI’s experienced teaching staff of native speakers places equal emphasis on reading, writing, and speaking . Standard university texts are supplemented with material to enhance listening comprehension and conversational skills.
Evening Program Highlights :
- 15 x 2-hour classes
- Classes meet twice per week
- 30 contact hours total per course
- Classes are taught in a semi-formal setting and by native instructors.
- Elementary, intermediate, and advanced sections available for each language
- Colloquial Levantine and Egyptian Classes
- Classes average 7 students
- Private Tutoring is available.
Location and transportation:
All classes are held at 1761 N Street NW, Washington, DC. Take Red Line of the Metro to Dupont Circle and exit the south end of the station. Walk down Connecticut Avenue to N Street and turn left. Street parking in the neighborhood is metered until 6:30 p.m.