About the Program
MEI's Cyber Program focuses on five broad and intersecting pillars:
- Emerging technologies: developing technologies like artificial intelligence, automation, 5G, biometrics, and cryptocurrencies and their impacts on economics, civil society, and security in the region.
- Cyber conflict: the exploitation of unauthorized access to networked devices for the purposes of espionage, disruption, or sabotage.
- Privacy and civil society: the impacts networked and emerging technologies have on privacy and the social contract in the Middle East.
- Information and influence campaigns: the public propagation of information and messages for strategic political advantage.
- Countering extremism online: terrorist and extremist use of the internet and social media, and methods to disrupt it.