About the Program
MEI's Cyber Program focuses on five broad and intersecting pillars:
- Emerging technologies: developing technologies like artificial intelligence, automation, 5G, biometrics, and cryptocurrencies and their impacts on economics, civil society, and security in the region.
- Cyber conflict: the exploitation of unauthorized access to networked devices for the purposes of espionage, disruption, or sabotage.
- Privacy and civil society: the impacts networked and emerging technologies have on privacy and the social contract in the Middle East.
- Information and influence campaigns: the public propagation of information and messages for strategic political advantage.
- Countering extremism online: terrorist and extremist use of the internet and social media, and methods to disrupt it.
No events are currently scheduled for this program. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive notification of events as they are added to the calendar.